Benefits of Chia seeds
- Chia seeds are among the healthiest foods on the planet.
- Chia Seeds Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients With Very Few Calories
A one-ounce (28 grams) serving of chia seeds contains
- Fiber: 11 grams.
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are omega-3s).
- Calcium: 18% of the RDI.
- Manganese: 30% of the RDI.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDI.
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDI.
- They also contain a decent amount of zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine) and vitamin B2.
- Almost All the Carbs in Them Are Fiber
- Chia Seeds Are High in Quality Protein
- Chia Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Chia Seeds May Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
- Chia Seeds May Reduce Blood Sugar Levels
- They May Reduce Chronic Inflammation