COCONUT OIL BENEFITS
1. Contains healthy fatty acids :Coconut oil is high in certain saturated fats. These fats have different effects in the body compared with most other dietary fats. The fatty acids in coconut oil can encourage your body to burn fat, and they provide quick energy to your body and brain. They also raise HDL (good) cholesterol in your blood, which may help reduce heart disease risk
2. May boost heart health: Coconut is an uncommon food in the Western world, with health-conscious people being the main consumers.
3. May encourage fat burning: Obesity is one of the biggest health conditions, The MCTs in coconut oil can increase the number of calories your body burns compared with longer-chain fatty acids
4. May have antimicrobial effects: Lauric acid makes up about 50% of the fatty acids in coconut oil, When your body digests lauric acid, it forms a substance called monolaurin. Both lauric acid and monolaurin can kill harmful pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
5. May reduce hunger : One interesting feature of MCTs is that they may reduce hunger.
6. May reduce seizures : Researchers are currently studying the ketogenic diet, which is very low in carbs and high in fats, to treat various disorders.
7. May raise HDL (good) cholesterol : Coconut oil contains natural saturated fats that increase HDL (good) cholesterol levels in your body. They may also help turn LDL (bad) cholesterol into a less harmful form.
8. May protect your skin, hair, and teeth :Coconut oil has many uses that have nothing to do with eating it. Many people use it for cosmetic purposes to improve the health and appearance of their skin and hair.9. May boost brain function in Alzheimer’s disease
10. May help reduce harmful abdominal fat: As some of the fatty acids in coconut oil can reduce appetite and increase fat burning, it may also help you lose weight.